Become a Substitute
Tallapoosa County Schools is currently encouraging everyone interested in becoming a substitute in our system to apply in TEACH in ALABAMA.
Substitutes are needed for:
- Instructional Paraprofessionals
- CNP/Cafeteria Associates
- Bus Driver
Tallapoosa County Schools will only accept applications through the TEACH in ALABAMA website.
Thank you for your interest in working as a substitute in Tallapoosa County Schools.
Substitute License Application Procedures
- Complete FORM SUB 10/2019 and return to TCBOE with a $30.00 Money Order made payable to ALSDE.
- A background check must be completed by Cogent Systems. No other agencies will be accepted. Cost of Background Check- $48.15
- Registration can be completed online at https://www.aps.gemalto.com/al/index_adeNew.htm You may pay online during registration using a debit or credit card.
- Registration by phone at 866-989-9316
- Money orders or cashier checks are accepted at the fingerprint location. Payments must be made payable to Cogent Systems.
- Location for TCBOE: Pak Mail, 300 N. Dean Road, Auburn, AL
- Take a copy of the following:
- Receipt (if paid online)
- Primary Identification Document: Take valid identification OR
- Two (2) Secondary Documents: Utility bill with your address, Voter Registration Card, Vehicle Registration Card/Title, Paycheck Stub with Address, or Canceled Check or Statement
- Must attend Substitute Training Class conducted by TCBOE.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.